4.15.2006

To whom it may concern:
I am a loyal supporter of Singapore matches. So today (April 12, 2006) is not an exception, I went down to the Jalan Besar stadium to give my support to the Young Lions. They were up against Sarawak.

When I reach the south gate ticket booth, I queue to purchase the ticket. When it’s my turn to purchase, I bring up and show the sales person my Poly ID card. But he refuses to sell me the children ticket which is $1. I then slowly explain to him that from the sleague website I saw, it indicates that up to poly student is $1.
This is the link: http://sleague.com/new0101.asp?ID=1408
1) Adults - S$5.00 2) Child – S$1.00 (up to ITE, JC and Poly Students)
After my explanation to him, to my surprise, he actually said this to me,
“Got money a not, no money then go away!”
I was furious and angry. This is not a money matter now. Is Sleague website giving false information to the public or is he looking down on me thinking that I have got no money to pay.

As the match already started for 15 minutes, I don’t want to delay anymore. So I have to pay $5 for the tickets instead $1. I have retained it for proof if needed.

I am seriously disappointed by how the sales person treated me.

Secondly, I have been to the National stadium for Singapore matches against other countries. I put my foldable umbrella inside my bag. Every time, I am able to enter the stadium. From what I know, cans and bottles are not allowed in the stadium.
But today, the security guard at the gate confiscated my umbrella. I told him that I would not throw the umbrella to the pitch. But he ensures me that I can collect the umbrella after the match. But at the 88th min when I left the stadium, the umbrella is nowhere to be found and there were no security guards there to assist me. I lost an umbrella which cost $10.

I hope the authority responsible for this can give me very good explanations for these two issues. If not, I think it will be very hard for me to once more support Sleague or Singapore matches anymore.

Poh Cheng Keong

No comments: